Thank you for thinking of our children and families as Christmas and the holiday gift-giving season approaches!
Emilys House and the Philip Aziz Centre for Hospice Care have been celebrating our families all year long. Without letting any secrets out of the bag (i.e., Santa’s sack), we can anticipate some special events, activities, Pop-up Toy/Gift Store pickups, and/or home deliveries in support of our client families this December.
As in past years, year-end donations of funds are always preferred, so that they can be directed to where the need is greatest in support of those we care for. This year, increasingly, we are offering children and families experiences in the community, so funding for programs, excursions, and community-based recreation fees are also made possible from these general donations. You can simply give the gift of hospice by donating through our website.
For elves who prefer to donate something tangible, here is your chance! Hopefully, this Wish List of gift ideas and recommendations will inspire you and help to bring some extra, needed joy into hearts and homes this season…. Please remember, if you prefer to purchase an actual gift, do not gift wrap. Keep in original packaging so parents can choose the right gifts for their children.
“2022 Wish List” for Christmas, Chanukah, seasonal celebrations and fundraising:
- Flat Screen TVs: For client rooms, two 43’ TVs and one 40’ TV are needed. (Preferred purchase for the 43’ TV: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-43-4k-uhd-hdr-led-tizen-smart-tv-un43tu7000fxzc-titan-grey/14469345). The average price is $375 – 450.
- Baby Monitors: Right now, three baby monitors are needed with video and night vision capability. They do not need to be Wi-Fi-enabled, but a big screen would be preferred. Leapfrog, v-tech, or Motorola are good brands recommended by our team, as long as the reviews for the specific units are positive. The average price is $150-250.
- Bouncer Chairs from TFH Special Needs Toys: These are great for children with disabilities! The average price is $161 – 519.
- Donations to Emily’s House Clinical Care: Weighted blankets, Wipes, baby/toddler toiletries.
- Toys and Games: Interactive/sensory toys, games and activities are welcome, like fidget slug toys, caterpillar fidget sensory stretch string, play learn foam brick building blocks, pancake monster games, board games, and books. Our recreation team elves have created an online Amazon registry that includes super fun and therapeutic toys that are proven to be winners for our children and youth.
- Please check out the link to our Amazon registry for EH Holiday gift ideas: https://www.amazon.ca/registries/custom/3IA3C8R6OERVV/guest-view
- Video Games/Gaming: Children in our house will greatly appreciate new games, like any PS5, Xbox, and Switch games (rated E and E10+).
- Gift Cards are always needed:
- Uber Gift cards that can be used for either food or transportation
- Teen Gift Cards: Nintendo eShop, Sephora, McDonald’s, Apple/iTunes, AMC/Cineplex
- Restaurant Gift cards for parent nights out: The Keg, Milestones, AMC/Cineplex
- Family gift cards: Walmart, President’s Choice, Amazon
- Groceries: Grocery Cards are a year-round priority, with $25 dollar increments allowing the best flexibility for supporting our clients and families.
- Christmas “hampers” or benevolent funds for families in crisis: For families receiving hospice care who have the greatest need, all the “holiday ingredients” may be needed to participate in seasonal celebrations, including grocery gift cards for festive seasonal meals, plus a small gift for each of the immediate family members to lift their spirits in the holiday season. Sponsor one family with a donation of $200-$250, and our hospice team will coordinate a personalized Christmas “hamper” or benevolent care gift for a family. Generally, about 25 families will fall into this category each year, and may be higher this year in this economic climate.
Please deliver seasonal donations by December 9th so that there is time for our elves to coordinate gift pickups/deliveries and/or events.
Emily’s House / PAC Christmas / Holiday Season Gift Drive is in Memory of Ava:
Please read Ava’s Story at: Ava’s Story.