Thank you for thinking of our children and families as Christmas and the holiday gift-giving season approaches!
Emilys House and the Philip Aziz Centre for Hospice Care have been celebrating our families all year long. Without letting any secrets out of the bag (i.e., Santa’s sack), we can anticipate some special events, activities, Pop-up Toy/Gift Store pickups, and/or home deliveries in support of our client families this December.
As in past years, year-end donations of funds are always preferred, so that they can be directed to where the need is greatest in support of those we care for. This year, increasingly, we are offering children and families experiences in the community, so funding for programs, excursions, and community-based recreation fees are also made possible from these general donations. You can simply give the gift of hospice by donating through our website.
For elves who prefer to donate something tangible, here is your chance! Hopefully, this Wish List 2023 of gift ideas and recommendations will inspire you and help to bring some extra, needed joy into hearts and homes this season…. Please remember, if you prefer to purchase an actual gift, do not gift wrap. Keep in original packaging so parents can choose the right gifts for their children and family.
2023 Wish List for Christmas, Chanukah, seasonal celebrations and fundraising:
Gifts to Emily’s House that will benefit many children and families:
- A Snoezelen Sensory Cart (deluxe): A therapeutic cart that has the sensory stimulation features of our recently renovated/refreshed Emily’s House Snoezelen Room, but is portable and can be transported to patient rooms to bring therapy and interactive engagement to children confined to a hospital bed. $5,400.
- Waterless Bubble Tube or Interactive Whirlwind Tube: This is a sensory stimulation device that is very popular with our children, and requested by our recreation coordinator/child life specialist. It shoots rhythmic colour and bubbles through a glass tower, focuses a child’s imagination, and can be used in stimulating, soothing, calming and imagination-engaging ways. 70 inch, $2,490.
- Veer Cruiser XL Wagon with Canopy and Basket Bundle: This wagon is like a stroller, and is easily maneuverable when loaded, able to turn and pivot, and adaptable to rugged outdoor terrain. Great for community outings for Emily’s House children. $1,479.97.
Technology, Educational Toys, Engaging Crafts, Books, and Stories:
- Lenru Bluetooth Portable Speakers: The best speakers for our kids will be sturdy, Bluetooth-enabled, and high-capacity (with 10 hour/ 60-song playtime). $18-$24.
- Height Adjustable Kids Art Easel: Added to the Wish List by our Recreation Coordinators to encourage child self expression, this art easel is adjustable for height. The preferred model on the Amazon Gift registry is $69.99.
- Educational Toys and Engaging Craft Kids: Kits like the National Geographic Gemstone Dig Kit and Paint Your Own Moon can be super engaging and enable the imagination to travel. $15-24.
- Toys and Games: What may be popular with our children this season are Squishmellow plush animals, Playskool Elefun Busy Ball Popper, Exploding Kittens Burrito Throw, Coco Mellon Wheels on the Bus, and more…. $5-45.
- Amazon Gift Registry: Our recreation team elves have created an online Amazon registry that includes super fun and therapeutic toys that are proven to be winners for our children and youth.
Please check out the link to our Amazon registry for EH Holiday gift ideas: https://www.amazon.ca/registries/gl/guest-view/1GJZRZLKCMB9K
- Gift Cards are always needed:
- Uber Gift cards that can be used for either food or transportation
- Teen Gift Cards: Nintendo eShop, Sephora, McDonald’s, Apple/iTunes, AMC/Cineplex
- Restaurant Gift cards for parent nights out: The Keg, Milestones, AMC/Cineplex
- Family gift cards: Walmart, President’s Choice, Amazon
- Groceries: Grocery Cards are a year-round priority, with $25 dollar increments allowing the best flexibility for supporting our clients and families.
- Christmas “hampers” or benevolent funds for families in crisis: For families receiving hospice care who have the greatest need, all the “holiday ingredients” may be needed to participate in seasonal celebrations, including grocery gift cards for festive seasonal meals, plus a small gift for each of the immediate family members to lift their spirits in the holiday season. Sponsor one family with a donation of $200-$250, and our hospice team will coordinate a personalized Christmas “hamper” or benevolent care gift for a family. Generally, about 25 families fall into this category each year.
Please deliver seasonal donations by December 14th or earlier, so that there is time for our elves to coordinate gift pickups/deliveries and/or seasonal events.
Emily’s House / PAC Christmas / Holiday Season Gift Drive is in Memory of Ava:
Please read Ava’s Story at: https://paceh.ca/ava-and-avas-garden-story/
Thank you, Merry Christmas, and happy holidays to you!